Saturday, February 26, 2011

Emma-Chapters 5 & 6

Hello Everyone!

I’m sorry that I’m running late….my computer was having issues and would not let me log into BLOGGER. Grrrr… But, I’m here now, so shall we begin?!?

Once again, we’re discussing Jane Austen’s classic novel, “Emma”.  As we progress through this book, we’re given a better glimpse of Emma’s character.  The more I see of Emma, the less I like her. She pushes her own agenda, despite what other people may want- convinced that her way is the best way.   

What do you think of her response to Harriet’s proposal from Mr. Martin?  Also, what are your thoughts on Mr. Elton’s “interest” in Harriet Smith?  

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! It's ok about your computer. :)

    I agree with you...I don't like how she's trying to push Harriet onto Mr. Elton... :P

    Mr. Elton's interest in Harriet is just...kinda weird in my opinion. lol

    What do you think?
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's just the old fashioned way Mr. Elton's showing interest in Harriet that makes me think it's weird...lol I don't know? Hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete