Saturday, July 2, 2011

Continued discussion of P & P-chapters 1 & 2

Zach:Hello, nice to meet you. I had a feeling I was missing a few daughters.
I like this one, She [Mrs. Bennet] was a woman of mean understanding, little information, and uncertain temper. (Ch. 1)...

Katie:Mrs. Bennet: "...You have no compassion on my poor nerves." Mr. Bennet: "You mistake me, my dear. I have a high respect for your nerves. They are my old friends. I have heard you mention them with consideration these twenty years at least."

Jennifer:Though I wouldn't say this is my favorite, this quote cracks me up because it is true for me. :) "Oh!" said Lydia stoutly, "I am not afraid; for though I am the youngest, I'm the tallest." I also love this one: "Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how." Both are from Chapter 2.

Amanda: Mrs. Bennet : "Ah! you do not know what I suffer!"
               Mr. Bennet: "But I hope you will get over it, and live to see many young men of four thousand a year come into the neighborhood."
               Mrs. Bennet: "It will be no use to us, if twenty such should come since you will not visit them! " (Chapter 1)

Emily: I love when Mrs. Bennet starts scolding poor Kitty...for coughing! "Don't keep coughing so, Kitty, for heaven's sake! Have a little mercy on my poor nerves! You tear them to pieces." Then Mr. Bennet: "Kitty has discretion in her coughs...she times them ill." And poor Kitty: "I do not cough for my own amusement."

2 comments:

  1. Great quotes! :)

    Well I gotta get. I had a great time, Emily! Thanks! Talk to you soon!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have to go too. Fun discussion!

    ReplyDelete