Saturday, July 2, 2011

Discussion on Pride and Prejudice-Chapters 1 & 2

Katie: Yeah I thought it was funny how Mr. Bennet insisted on not going to visit Mr. Bingly and then he ends up going secretly. That was funny!


Amanda: I love Mrs. Bennet before Mrs. Bennet announces that he has actually visited Mr. Bingly: "I am sick of Mr. Bingly!" Then Mr. Bennet: "I am sorry to hear that, but why did you not tell me as much before? If I had known as much this morning, I certainly would have not called on him..."

Emily: Yes! Another thing I love is how Mrs. Bennet scolds Kitty for coughing so much...and then Mr. Bennet telling her that she can "cough as much as she chooses.".

4 comments:

  1. That was funny! ;)

    My copy of the book spells chooses weird. They spell it 'chuses'. Does yours spell it like that? Maybe it's just my copy. Haha!

    Oh, I had a question...how many daughters do the Bennets have? I was just wondering...

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey everyone! Mr. Bennet is definitely my favorite, but Mrs. Bennet makes me laugh so hard. She's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't the Bennets have three daughters? I'm not for sure I could be mistaken.

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Bennets have five daughters. Or four. Hold on...I'm thinking five. Kitty, Elizabeth, Jane, Lydia, and Mary. Right?

    ReplyDelete